The NBI’s strategy is underpinned by the following fundamental beliefs:
We believe that
- A sustainable society is possible.
- The social contract between business and society needs to be re-negotiated.
- Business success is inextricably linked to a thriving society, building trust and relationships with government and other key stakeholders.
- Collective action between business, government and civil society will support large scale system change in a sustainable way.
We believe in
- The role of business as a key enabler shaping and achieving a sustainable future.
- The NBI’s strategy to drive business participation in an economic transition and social transformation.
We drive conversation and participation, leading to action, through 3 areas
To achieve our strategic objectives, the NBI’s work is divided into the core work streams of strategic projects, environmental sustainability and social sustainability:
Our work streams are strongly influenced by the local and international guidance provided by the National Development Plan (NDP) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The work streams have a suite of projects across our three ways of working (i.e. thought leadership, capacity building and collective action programmes/projects) that align to deliver the NBI’s strategic objectives.