- This event has passed.
Gauteng Water Alliance 2020 Meeting
Friday, 13 November 2020 10:00 to 13:00
As evidenced by the COVID-19 pandemic, adequate risk preparedness is critical for economic development, including in the South African water sector. Based on growing urban water demand and delays in water augmentation, the Gauteng province runs the risk of significant water restrictions in the near future, including running out of water to meet demand. This risk could be disastrous for the country, given the critical importance of Gauteng for the national economy.
The work of the National Business Initiative (NBI), alongside its partners and members in the uMhlathuze Water Stewardship Partnership, Western Cape Drought Task Force and recent Gauteng COVID-19 Water Response, demonstrate that effective public-private sector collaboration does make a difference in risk mitigation and crisis aversion.
Please join us for the upcoming engagement of the Gauteng Water Alliance, which will focus on:
- Understanding the current state and vulnerabilities of the Vaal System
- Providing an update on work undertaken within the Alliance to date, including in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Outlining the findings of research conducted on industry water risk mitigation in the Province, as well as additional measures companies would like to implement
- Providing an overview of some of the financing options available for industrial water efficiency
This meeting of the Alliance will have an industrial and company focus.
Kindly click here to register for this Zoom event.
- Friday, 13 November 2020
- 10:00 to 13:00
- Event Category:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Via Zoom
To RSVP for all NBI Events, please contact Nombulelo Ndaba