- This event has passed.
Race to Zero Dialogues: Finance Day
Thursday, 19 November 2020 12:05 to 12:55
“Market Mechanisms to Drive Transition in Developing Countries, South Africa”
We are in a race. Unlike most races, there is no one winner. In this race we all win, or we all lose. Winning will mean a radical, unprecedented level of collaboration from all corners of our world.
The High-Level Champions for Global Climate Action are convening the Race to Zero Dialogues, in close collaboration with the Marrakech Partnership, as a critical input to the UNFCCC Climate Dialogues to accelerate progress to meet the Paris Agreement. Race to Zero is a global campaign mobilizing leadership and support from businesses, cities, regions, and investors for a healthy, resilient, zero-carbon future that creates decent jobs, and unlocks inclusive and sustainable growth.
The National Business Initiative (NBI) and the Race to Zero Coalition have the pleasure of inviting you to the upcoming NBI Race to Zero Dialogue: Finance Day event taking place on Thursday, 19 November 2020. The NBI event, entitled “Market Mechanisms to Drive Transition in Developing Countries, South Africa” will position private sector leadership and action as a critical element of achieving a just and inclusive climate transition.
Join the CEOs of South Africa’s leading companies and senior Government officials in a thought-provoking discussion on how to address the complexity of developing country transition pathways and market-led opportunities as part of broader socio-economic transformation critical to ensuring long-term competitiveness and, developmental pathways that are equitable and just.
The NBI event will focus on three key aspects of achieving a just climate transition:
- Embracing green finance opportunities and private sector action to advance low-carbon climate resilient growth to drive South Africa’s transition;
- Reflecting on the optimal suite of policies to facilitate and enable the transition for South Africa through market mechanisms; and
- Driving green structural change through the transformation and alignment of the national sustainable transition roadmaps and low carbon climate resilient growth.
The full schedule of the Race to Zero Dialogues: Finance Day is now available here.
Kindly click here to register for this Zoom event.
- Thursday, 19 November 2020
- 12:05 to 12:55
- Event Category:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Via Zoom
To RSVP for all NBI Events, please contact Nombulelo Ndaba