- This event has passed.
Workshop: Setting Meaningful Water Targets – Johannesburg
Monday, 25 June 2018 09:30 to 13:00
The National Business Initiative (NBI) and the CEO Water Mandate are excited to announce the hosting of a public workshop focused on the setting of meaningful, context specific water targets by South African companies. Please join us as we consider the importance of effective target setting and collaboration in supporting a water secure future in South Africa.
Main topics to be covered in the workshop:
- An introduction to Context Based Water Targets (CBWTs)
- An overview of the planned South Africa CBWT pilot
- Current company practice in catchment level engagement and target setting
- The latest international theory and practice in water stewardship
- The role of NBI’s informal partnerships in supporting water resilience in the Gauteng and Western Cape Provinces
Key speakers at the workshop will include:
- Joanne Yawitch, CEO: NBI
- Jason Morrison, Head: CEO Water Mandate and President: Pacific Institute
- Tien Shiao, Senior Research Associate: Pacific Institute and Advisor: CEO Water Mandate
- Feroz Koor, Group Head of Sustainability: Woolworths
- Rivash Panday, Specialist, Sustainable Water: Sasol
- Alex McNamara, Programme Manager: Climate Change and Water: NBI
Please join us as we consider the importance of effective target setting and collaboration in supporting a water secure future in South Africa.
RSVP as follows: Johannesburg – Monday, 25 June 2018 at Sasol, Sandton.
- Monday, 25 June 2018
09:30 to 13:00
- Event Category:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Sasol, Sasol Place, Sandton
To RSVP please contact Jo-Anne Stanford