- This event has passed.
Kopano ya Metsi’s Municipal Water Infrastructure Investment Dialogue
Monday, 21 May 2018 09:00 to 13:00
Municipalities are the service delivery arm of government. Theirs in an important mandate upon which hinges key areas of South Africa’s social and economic development. At present, most municipalities face immense challenges relating to the development and maintenance of water and sanitation infrastructure. It is therefore key to understand the challenges municipalities face, what infrastructure projects they are prioritising and how best to strengthen their water business for social and economic prosperity.
The National Business Initiative (NBI), in partnership with SALGA, are hosting to a unique dialogue being held in collaboration with two South African municipalities. The dialogue will serve as a pilot and will bring together two municipalities with a panel of experts to consider each municipality’s specific challenges and water infrastructure needs, and how these needs might be addressed. The panel will be composed of public and private experts with varying expertise.
The roundtable will focus on:
- The current state of each municipality’s water and sanitation business: this includes challenges experienced in water financing and investment and the day to day running of a water service authority (WSA),
- The envisaged water and sanitation project pipeline at the two municipalities,
- Feedback and recommendations from the expert panel on possible methods and approaches,
- Potential areas for collaboration; and
- Networking and relationship building.
Please click here if you wish to ATTEND this dialogue.
- Monday, 21 May 2018
09:00 to 13:00
- Event Category:
- Environmental Sustainability
- DBSA, Midrand
To RSVP for all NBI Events, please contact Nombulelo Ndaba