- This event has passed.
Thought Leadership Series: Internal Carbon Price
Friday, 8 June 2018 10:00 to 14:00
A growing group of forward-looking companies are using an internal carbon price to help manage climate risk and align themselves with the low-carbon transition.
Internal carbon pricing can not only help companies effectively combat climate change and meet bold emissions reduction targets, but can also encourage innovation, drive down costs and help ensure sustained economic competitiveness.
Leading businesses recognise this and are building a carbon price into their operations and investment decisions, as an effective way to future-proof profitability and help shape the evolving regulatory framework.
The National Business Initiative (NBI) is partnering with the global collation We Mean Business (WMB) to help enhance ambition in the response to climate change. One of the key action items under the We Mean Business commitments, that we focus on, is carbon pricing. This commitment requires companies to:
- Set an internal carbon price high enough to materially affect investment decisions to drive down greenhouse gas emissions; and benchmark against peers;
- Publicly advocate the importance of carbon pricing through policy mechanisms that take into account country specific economies and policy contexts; and the Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition (CPLC); and
- Communicate on progress over time on the two criteria above in public corporate reports.
Please join us for a TLS “working session” where we interactively unpack the practicalities of fulfilling these requirements, in particular how one would set and use an internal price.
- Dave Collins: Executive, MAC Consulting
- Mandy Rambharos: Climate Change and Sustainable Development Manager, Eskom
- Shamini Harrington: Principal SHE Policy and Sustainability Advisor, Sasol
- Steve Nicholls: Head: Environmental Sustainability, NBI
|If you are an NBI Member company and would like to attend this TLS please RSVP here.|
- Friday, 8 June 2018
10:00 to 14:00
- Event Category:
- Environmental Sustainability
- FutureSpace, Sandton
To RSVP please contact Jo-Anne Stanford