- This event has passed.
Workshop: Setting Meaningful Water Targets – Cape Town
Wednesday, 27 June 2018 13:30 to 17:00
The National Business Initiative (NBI) and the CEO Water Mandate are excited to announce the hosting of a public workshop focused on the setting of meaningful, context specific water targets by South African companies.
Main topics to be covered in the workshop:
- An introduction to Context Based Water Targets (CBWTs)
- An overview of the planned South Africa CBWT pilot
- Current company practice in catchment level engagement and target setting
- The latest international theory and practice in water stewardship
- The role of NBI’s informal partnerships in supporting water resilience in the Gauteng and Western Cape Provinces
Key speakers at the workshop will include:
- Joanne Yawitch, CEO: NBI
- Jason Morrison, Head: CEO Water Mandate and President: Pacific Institute
- Tien Shiao, Senior Research Associate: Pacific Institute and Advisor: CEO Water Mandate
- Feroz Koor, Group Head of Sustainability: Woolworths
- Rivash Panday, Specialist, Sustainable Water: Sasol
- Alex McNamara, Programme Manager: Climate Change and Water: NBI
Please join us as we consider the importance of effective target setting and collaboration in supporting a water secure future in South Africa.
- Wednesday, 27 June 2018
- 13:30 to 17:00
- Event Category:
- Environmental Sustainability
- The Hilton Hotel Cape Town City Centre
To RSVP for all NBI Events, please contact Nombulelo Ndaba